Here are seven proven steps you can take to choose the right home security system company in Philadelphia:
1. Define your goals and objectives. There are home security system companies in Philadelphia that use different methods in an attempt to protect a home. Some only provide perimeter and gate protection. Some have limited alarm monitoring capabilities. Some only use camera surveillance. Know what you are trying to accomplish.
2. Talk with family, friends and associates. Ask for recommendations from people you know that have alarm systems. Find out their experiences with Philadelphia security companies, the company they selected and the alarm system itself.
3. Use Underwriters Laboratories (UL) certified equipment and clearly understand equipment capabilities and limitations. Certified equipment is your assurance that the components of your home security alarm system meet rigid performance standards. Make sure your alarm company representative clearly explains the decision-making process behind any security approach or device they recommend for your home.
4. Search the internet. Check out consumer review sites like Yelp to find out what other people say about Philadelphia home security alarm companies and alarm equipment. Don’t place too much value on any single review. Look at them all to develop a consensus.
5. Evaluate prospective wireless security companies. Find out what to ask before buying a home security system. Check their performance record with the Philadelphia Better Business Bureau, consumer protection agencies, state and city licensing divisions and ask for proof of trade association memberships. Understand fully their capabilities and professional services fees.
6. Insist on an in-home evaluation and sales presentation from home security system companies under serious consideration. Don’t buy a home alarm system package without first making sure it provides the level of protection you desire. Make sure you clearly understand how you will be protected, what will and will not be protected, how your alarm system will be monitored and all fees you’ll pay for professional services. Read the contract clearly and thoroughly. Make sure you understand the contract length, what will happen if you move or want to cancel service, and all the terms and conditions associated with hiring a particular security company.
7. Don’t be pressured. Avoid high-pressure sales tactics. It’s fine to take action once you have all the facts you need to make a decision. Resist “today only” offers, crime horror stories, and deals they’ll make just for you. Don’t feel pressured to sign anything and be wary of companies and sales representatives that are too pushy.
Peace of mind comes from knowing you’ve got the protection you need at a fair value. Apply these tips for best results.