False Alarm Behavior Guide:
· Call the central station. Contact the monitoring center to tell them about the false alarm.
· Use your password. Your password is necessary for the monitoring center to cancel the alarm.
· Determine the cause. Understand what caused the false alarm so it doesn’t happen again.
· Verify contact information. Make sure the monitoring center has correct information about who to contact on your behalf in the event of emergency.
Real Alarm Behavior Guide:
· If the alarm is real, get in a secure area. In the event of a fire, vacate the home.
· Wait for help. Don’t take any actions until emergency response personnel have arrived on scene.
· Get professional advice. Follow the direction of police and/or fire personnel about your next actions.
· Contact the monitoring center. Let them know the outcome of the situation.
Post Alarm Behavior Guide:
· Schedule an inspection with your home alarm service provider. Make sure your system is operating properly.
· Check the records. Determine how the event was recorded by local authorities to determine if you must pay a false alarm fine.
· Make an assessment. Did your home security system and home security company perform as expected?
· Take corrective action. Take the actions necessary to give you the level of security you need and expect if there were any gaps with the security plan and execution.