Test Your Home Security System Today To Ensure A Safe Tomorrow
Periodic testing of your alarm system is essential to ensure proper functionality.
We recommend testing your system monthly.
Testing the signal communication to the Monitoring Station:
- Call 855-334-6564 and ask to have your alarm system put in “TEST” mode.
- To avoid deployment of emergency services, you MUST put your home alarm in “TEST” mode.
- Set your alarm as you normally would. Wait until the delay time has expired and the alarm is set.
- Open a door or window that is connected to your alarm system. Once the siren begins to ring, wait at least 45 seconds then you can disarm the system.
- Call 855-334-6564 back to confirm the signal has been received and request your system be taken out of “TEST” mode.
This manual test ensures your alarm system is properly communicating with the Central Station. However, it is recommended you test all devices to ensure they are properly communicating with your alarm panel.
Testing the operation of all door and window sensors, and motion detectors:
- Verify that the system is in “READY” mode and NOT ARMED. The system must be disarmed to avoid accidental emergency dispatch.
- Open each protected door or window one at a time.
- Check that the keypad displays the door or window you are testing is open, you may have to press the “STATUS” or “READY” button depending on your type of system.
- Close the respective door or window. The keypad should revert to “READY” mode.
- Repeat this procedure for each sensor in the system.
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 866-484-4800. Don’t have your Central Monitoring Station’s phone number? Call us and we will provide it for you.